1.These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your entrance into the 2022 Rotorua Marathon (“Event”) on 17 September 2022. By entering the Event and paying the applicable entry fee, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms.
2. Age: The minimum age for the 5.5km is 10 years of age. The minimum age for the 10km is 12 years of age. The minimum age for the Half Marathon is 18 years of age and the minimum age for the Marathon is 20 years of age. All ages are taken on the day.
3. Transfers: Your accepted entry can be transferred to another person, distance or category, as long as any increase in fees, has been paid in full. After 3 September 2022 there are no person to person transfers, and all distance or category transfers must be done at registration. Transfers do not apply to future years, or if the new entrant is ineligible due to age.
4. Withdrawals: If you cannot participate in the Event or change your mind and want to withdraw from the Event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with:
a. Entry fee refunds requested from 1 December 2021 to 11.59pm 31 August 2022 will receive a refund of 50% of their entry fee.
c. No entry fees will be refunded after this date (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any refund request on downgrade between event distances).
Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm 31 August 2022:
5. Cancellation: In the case of total cancellation of the Event due to an event of force majeure (excluding those related to the Covid-19 pandemic ) the total entry fee is non-refundable. For the purposes of this clause, an event of force majeure means any event or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Athletics New Zealand, including without limitation, fire, flood, explosion, earthquake, storm or other natural disaster, civil commotion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), sabotage, terrorist attack, or the acts or decisions of any governmental, public or judicial authority or the imposition of any independent government sanction or similar action made after the date of these Terms. Athletics New Zealand (“ANZ”) will not be liable for its inability or failure to perform, or delay in performing, any of its obligations under these Terms or in relation to the Event where this is caused by an event of force majeure.
Covid-19: In the event of total cancellation of the Event due to reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic, or where you are unable to participate due to Covid-19 related border restrictions or government guidelines, you will be provided the option of transferring your entry to the 2023 Rotorua Marathon event or receiving a 50% refund of your entry fee if the 2023 date does not suit.
6. The parties agree and acknowledge that cancellation of the event for any reason (including due to an event of force majeure or reasons relating to Covid-19) will not constitute impossibility of performance or frustration of these Terms and that in such circumstances, clauses 5 and 6 (as relevant) will apply instead of Subpart 4 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
7. The event manager and ANZ (and their officers, directors, volunteers, employees, sponsors or any party associated with the event) will not be liable to you under the law of tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise for any direct or indirect loss, injury or death which might be sustained by you or any other party directly or indirectly associated with you, from your intended or actual participation in the event and its related activities.
8. Nothing in these Terms is intended to limit or exclude ANZ’s liability of your rights if you are a consumer for the purposes of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986.
9. I authorise ANZ to use my name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or in any other way relating to the Event pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993. ANZ will comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (and, from 1 December, the Privacy Act 2020) in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of any Personal Information obtained from you in connection with your entrance into the Event.
10. ANZ is committed to ensuring that all athletes compete on a level playing field. By entering and competing at the Event, you and your support personnel are agreeing to be bound, and to abide by, ANZ’s rules and regulations, including the World Anti-Doping Agency Code, and that they may be tested at any time, to which they consent. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in action being taken against you and / or support personnel in accordance with these terms and conditions and / or those rules, regulations and / or code, which may include refusal of entry or disqualification from the event. To understand more about anti-doping, the rules and your responsibilities, please visit the Athletics New Zealand website.
11. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers have absolute discretion in accepting my entry, which may be revoked at any time.
12. I have read and agree to all the safety information, rules and conditions above and on the accompanying pages.